Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pricing and Payment

PRICES:
I know some of you may be outraged at my asking prices and think they are way too high. Here is a little bit of how I came up with these estimates:
*I did spent lots of time researching ebay, etsy, and many other online "boutique" clothing stores and tried to stay somewhere in the middle of everyone's prices. Having Addie around for 14 months, I have done my share of ebay shopping and peeking at boutique clothing on the internet and I must say that my prices are very fair compared to some (I'm talking over $100 for outfits just like the ones I make!).
*I only use very high quality, 100% cotton fabrics for my clothing. I buy from online quilt/fabric shops and very rarely use any fabric from places such as JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. And having had some experience with quilting (and it being in my genes), I feel very confident in my ability to color match and come up with fabrics that coordinate and compliment one another.
*Everything I create is made carefully, with lots of attention to detail. All of the seams are serged to prevent fabric from fraying (if you're not sure what this is...just check out the inner seams of any store bought clothing and you'll see what I'm talking about).
*My time is very valuable to me! Along with the cost of the materials to make each outfit, I must give myself something for my time. And although it's not much, I feel it is only fair to pay myself for the time I'm spending in my sewing room (not watching Oprah or eating bon bons!). Christopher says that if I'm not going to get all the household chores accomplished in a day, at least I could be making a little money!
PAYMENT:
I have been playing around with this wonderful little Paypal widget (who knows what that is?) for a while now and I'm excited to be able to accept payment through paypal on my blog very soon! But while I'm working out the kinks with the widget-guy, I would gladly accept cash or check (good checks only please :)
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you will receive an update when I do finally set up the Paypal widget!!!
Enough of my babble! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

www.faithworksboutique.com said...

Jessalyn~Your prices are right on if not too cheap! As you know, I have been in the boutique world for awhile...although it is the bow world! Quality cost something and for the styles, quality and fabric you are providing you do not want to go cheaper! Your quality will show through as people purchase and they will know that got an outstanding outfit! Many blessings sweetie!