Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Hardly Containing Myself!


Let me preface this by saying that a wonderful member of my family passed away this past Tuesday, Jennie dog, and this week has been very sad and slow, to say the least. So mom and I were looking for a major pick-me-up on Wednesday and we jumped in the car with Addie and headed for a last minute road trip to Paducah, Kentucky. For those of you who don't know, Paducah is the home of the annual quilt show AND has one of the most wonderful fabric stores I've ever been to--Hancocks. It's like walking into fabric Heaven! I got to actually see and touch all the beautiful fabric I oooo and ahhhh over on the internet every day! I have a LOT of work ahead of me and here is a taste of what's to come...

My personal favorites!
Fresh Strawberries :)
Pink and Brown anyone?

We'll save the rest for a surprise...you'll just have to check back as I get some things made up and finally ready to sell!!! I'm beside myself thinking of all the possibilities for these beauties :) Who knew fabric could make a girl (and her mom and her daughter) so happy!




1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

I am so sorry to hear about Jenny Dog! I am sure this is hard on the family...
But what a good pick-me-up to head to KY. I need to get my butt there sometime and check it out. I love the new fabrics. I am sure you will make some stunning outfits with them:)